Juvenile Amplified Pain Expertise
The Childhood RND Educational Foundation, Inc, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, was formed in 2002 to educate health professionals and families about the characteristics and treatment of amplified pain syndromes in children and adolescents including fibromyalgia, diffuse amplified pain, complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) (formerly known as reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD)), reflex neurovascular dystrophy (RND), localized amplified pain, neuropathic pain, myofascial pain, etc.
All proceeds go toward promoting public and professional awareness of amplified pain and treatment in children and to further the research of the amplified pain program at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
Amplified musculoskeletal pain by any name is intensely painful. It disturbs the life of the child and family and causes intense suffering and disability.
About Dr. David Sherry
David D. Sherry, MD is a Professor of Pediatrics Emeritus, from the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. Prior to retirement, he was a medical editor for the Pediatric Rheumatology sub-board of the American Board of Pediatrics. Dr. Sherry has authored or co-authored multiple chapters on amplified pain in standard medical textbooks. He has lectured internationally on the topic and has trained hundreds of health professionals to recognize and treat AMPS in children. Over the span of his career, he treated over 4000 children diagnosed with amplified pain syndromes. In 2018 the American College of Rheumatology recognized him as a Master Rheumatologist.
Some of his more notable awards and recognition include:
- University of Pennsylvania, Blockley-Osler Clinical Teaching award – 2006
- Master Clinician Award, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia – 2008
- American Academy of Pediatrics, James T. Cassidy Award – 2009
- American College of Rheumatology, Distinguished Fellowship Program Director Award – 2014
- American College of Rheumatology, Master of the ACR - 2018
- America’s Top Doctors® – Multiple consecutive years
- Philadelphia Magazine’s “Top Doctors” List – Multiple consecutive years
Dr. Sherry has been married for over 50 years and has five grown children.